Dynamic and ambitious creative marketing and communications professional, with a proven track record of developing and managing strategic marketing campaigns, building and reinforcing brand image, and possessing keen insight into client objectives. Proven success in achieving revenue goals through strategic marketing, advertising, and brand development efforts – and pushing the creative bounds of traditional promotion to establish elite and award-winning creative standards that support desired and/or established brand identity, voice, and environment.
Strategic Marketing & Advertising
Corporate Brand Development
Creative Direction & Leadership
Project & Team Managemen
Website Design & Strategy
Public & Media Relations
English / Spanish
Boston University, Boston, MA 2007 – 2011
Bachelor of Science, Broadcast Journalism
TOMA Marketing Group, LLC
Remote | September 2015 – Present
Owner / Founder
- Consultant in strategic marketing and advertising, brand development, organizational communications, and media relations strategies for growing business and organizations. Currently servicing the following clients: City of Lauderhill, Lauderhill Performing Arts Center, Mizner Park Cultural Center, APX Technology Consulting, and Arts Center Management.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns for clients, with emphasis on institutional brand development, content creation, media-buying, and online advertising to increase brand recognition and influence consumer behavior.
- Direct and manage a team of freelance graphic designers, print vendors, and web developers to produce compelling, quality marketing collateral(s) that exceed client needs and expectations – providing strategic leadership on design direction and quality management.
- Serve as the chief branding agent for clients, setting the creative tone and pushing the creative bounds of traditional promotion to establish elite creative standards that support clients’ brand identity, voice, and environment.
- Create and maintain balanced advertising budgets and prudent financial management to achieve client revenue goals.
- Work directly with media sales to negotiate and execute all client media-buying, including television, radio, print, digital, and non-traditional – and supervise and review all production work to ensure client goals are met and creative quality is upheld to the highest standard.
Delray Beach Playhouse
Delray Beach, FL | June 2017 – Present
Director of Marketing & Communications / Creative Director
*Currently working remotely for the Playhouse, during transitional relocation.
- Responsible for all strategic marketing, branding, and communications campaigns for the non-profit community theater, which resulted in a 25% increase in revenue during the first year of employment.
- Direct and manage a team of freelance graphic designers, print vendors, and web developers to produce compelling, quality marketing collateral(s) for season events and shows – providing strategic leadership on design direction and quality management.
- Manage the design, preparation, and distribution of all marketing collateral, including annual season brochures, traditional media advertisements, direct and electronic mail pieces, event signage, and POP displays.
- Prepare and effectively manage the annual marketing budget to achieve annual revenue goals through season subscriptions and single-ticket sales.
- Develop and identify appropriate audiences and advertising avenues available to gain maximum return for the marketing and promotion of season shows, the theater’s annual summer camp program, and additional (theater) education programs.
- Work directly with media sales to place, develop, and negotiate television, radio, and print media buys, and oversee all production and creative detail, including financial responsibility and oversight.
- Develop and coordinate all online advertising efforts, including display advertising, video advertising, e-mail marketing, and social media marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for all website management efforts, including championing a complete website redesign to improve site usability and organization, design consistency, and brand development and identity goals.
Professional Facilities Management
Coral Springs Center for the Arts, Coral Springs, FL | July 2014 – November 2016
Director of Marketing & Communications / Creative Director
- Responsible for the development and execution of all strategic marketing, branding, and communications campaigns for high-profile acts, – such as Howie Mandel, Boz Scaggs, Joy Behar, Arlo Guthrie, Vince Gill & Lyle Lovett, Kathleen Madigan, and more – for the second largest theater in Broward County, which resulted in the largest increase in revenue in the theater’s history.
- Additionally responsible for marketing the Center’s performing arts summer camp – the largest in South Florida – Next Stop Broadway, which yielded an annual profit of $400k.
- Prepared and effectively managed the annual marketing budget, and over 40 annual event marketing budgets, to achieve annual earned income goals through single-ticket and season ticket sales.
- Managed the design, preparation, and distribution of all marketing collateral, including annual season brochures, traditional media advertisements, direct and electronic mail pieces, event signage, and POP displays.
- Oversaw and approved designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by creative team members to ensure alignment with creative direction.
- Negotiated and executed all media planning and media-buying, including television, radio, print, digital, and non-traditional.
- Developed and coordinated all digital advertising efforts for clients, including display advertising, video advertising, e-mail marketing, and paid social media campaigns.
- Responsible for all website management efforts, including championing a website redesign to improve site usability and organization, design consistency, brand identity, and to increase overall site traffic.
- Coordinated media relations activities to ensure maximum visibility coverage and public awareness for the Coral Springs Center for the Arts and its programs.
FOX, WSVN-7 News, Miami, FL | 2012 – 2014
Account Executive, 2014
- Directed sales and marketing initiatives for the FOX-affiliate in Miami.
- Worked directly with media buyers for high-profile clients – such as AEG Live, Original Pancake House of Florida, Publix, Southeast Toyota, etc. – to plan and implement comprehensive marketing programs, negotiate contracts, and coordinate television schedules.
- Coordinated fulfillment of client advertising orders, including arranging for make-goods, ad copy, and monitoring quality.
- Developed cross-promotional marketing campaigns to supplement direct marketing campaigns, which included spot television advertising, as well as a suite of digital campaign elements, such as online ad campaigns, contest giveaways, live streaming, and social media promotion.
- Coordinated with media buyers and WSVN’s in-house creative team to produce the highest quality and most attention-garnering commercial spots and digital advertisements and promotions.
Sales/Traffic Coordinator, 2012 – 2013
- Responsible for all aspects of campaign maintenance for media buyers, including inputting spot schedules, coordinating traffic instructions for ad airing, reviewing status of advertising schedules and managing appropriate changes, and reviewing daily inventory to assist in placing client advertisements and required make-goods.
- Worked directly with station managers and account executives to gather competitive spending analyses for local stations; deliver weekly logs and report the status of any under-delivery contracts to clients; and, create sales presentations and supplementary sales support materials.